It may technically be Spring, but everywhere I look, people are sick like it is the dead of Winter, myself included. Congestion, cough, fever and overall blahs make us look less than our best. And unfortunately, life does not stop when we are sick. While it may be tempting to put your beauty regimen on hold until you feel better, great skin requires consistent care. Illness definitely affects our skin so the best thing is to look at your skin and adjust what products you use as necessary. For example, my skin is usually on the oily side but when I’m sick, my skin always seems to dry out. So, here are a few tips to help you look well when you are not.
Your skin is a living, breathing organ and it reflects how well or sick we are. Besides your body fighting an illness, if you are taking any medications they can also take a toll on your skin, mainly by drying it out.
• Continue to cleanse morning and night with a gentle cleanser like Cetaphil
• Use a hydrating eye gel or cream to refresh and moisturize tired eyes
• Skip any aggressive skin treatment products such as retinols or acid peels
• Use moisturizer as needed
• Don’t forget about the lips – keep them soft and moisturized with a rich lip balm like Rosebud’s Salve
If you have to go out, keep it simple with makeup. Neutral colors are all you need to get a pulled together look.
• Use a BB cream with SPF to even out skin tone
• On eyes, go with a neutral eye shadow like a champagne or taupe with a brown or grey eye liner
• Curl lashes and sweep on black mascara
• Brighten complexion with a peachy, gold blush
• Finish the look with a nude lipstick or flesh colored lip liner and lip balm
Also, drink lots of water, take your vitamins and get as much rest as you can. I hope you feel better soon!